Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Motifs, Leaf, Bookmarks, Doily and an Edging

Hattalahutta tatted Pinwheel Snowflake from Vida Sunderman's book Tatted Snowflakes in some Lizbeth blue and white. The Whirlaway Snowflake was tatted in Mölnlycke Virkgarn thread size 50.
NancyD had a request for tatted bookmarks that could be put in Bibles. One with the colors of a rainbow, with white on top for which she used Tat-Man's shuttle pattern because it looked most like a cloud. The other one has a "D" for Desiree the bookmark's recipient.

Katherinne has completed one side of the edging and laid it on the hat to see how it looks. She's not sure whether she should stop here or add the second row.

IsDihara has a mixed media project she is working on using Tunisian Crochet and Broomstick Lace and Tatting. Her first trial was done in size 20 Flora in white and the second in size 40 Lizbeth, Navy #654, Ecru #603 and Marble #121.

Wanda used an antique motif as a basis for a doily using DMC Cebelia size 30 in ecru.


Bonnie doesn't have a lot of tatting time and when Diane tatted Stumpy bookmarks and commented on how quick and easy they were, she had to do some for herself.


Fox was going to make a bracelet with beads but it turned into a bookmark. She started with a Mary Konior design and Coron thread but switched to Altin Basak #50 and the heart pattern by Cathy Bryant when the first design was too chunky and finished it off with Karey Solomon's Broad-Shouldered Heart. Her next project was Tammy Rogers's Maple Leaf in the two variegated threads. The motif that caused IsDihara such aggravation was done with the left over thread on the shuttles. The blue Coron thread she received is being used for a new project.








  

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Everyone is doing such wonderful work!

I love visiting this blog- so much encouragement and inspiration!

Unknown said...

Very cool! I see you took me off the list...I've been such a naughty tatter...not tatting! LOL! Oh, well such is life when you've fallen off the tatting wagon! ;)

Perhaps I'll start again next year. I'll keep you posted. I have to see how my pain level is. That's what has kept me from tatting. Then again. I've had several requests to open an Etsy shop so if I do I will start again then because I can sell some stuff for Christmas and count the motifs as the Challenge. We'll just have to see.
(((Hugs))) to everyone!
~TattingChic ♥