1. Permission to copy. When a participant joins they are authorizing us to copy their pictures to be shown on the challenge blog.
2. There is no need to advise the Challenge Team to let let us know when you've added things to your blog. We check all of the blogs when we do an update.
3. We can't keep track of how many motifs each person does. You may post articles of tatting that you don't plan on including in your 25, or you may post a pair of earrings and count each earring as a separate motif. We don't read minds, so it's up to each participant to tell us when they have reached their goal of 25.
4. We know from past experience that the challenge is addictive. If you finish and plan on doing it again let us know so that we continue to check your blog on a regular basis.
5. Whenever you get a chance don't just view the pictures here, take the time to click on the links to people's blogs and read all about what they are doing, instead of just getting the snippets of it here. People like it when you take the time to visit their blog and comment on their work. A lot of the fun of the challenge is that we get to know each other and encourage one another to try new things.
Shirl made this bookmark which measures 4.5 inches in length for her friend Jennifer. The thread used is HH Lizbeth size 20 color 691. Linda started this bookmark design in Lisbeth thread and liked it so much she's going to make an edging for a denim jacket to spice it up.
Krystle tatted the rosette in size 50 but thinks she'll stick to working this type of chain design in size 20. I agree, the shuttle joins can be hard on the hands when you use finer threads.
Wanda tatted the Southwest Butterfly by Tatting Goddess with Lizbeth size 20 thread, Dark Purple #633, Caribbean #122 & Black #604. And received "Green Butterfly" designed by Martha Ess, found in the Intatters patterns which was made with Lizbeth thread size 20 in "Jewels" and DMC Cebelia size 20 white. Nita discovered a lovely bookmark on the internet but couldn't find the pattern so this is her version of it worked in pink and white. Aileen has been tatting but not posting as her laces were intended for various exchanges. First there were the butterflies; Marty's Donna butterfly done in yellow 30 DMC Cebelia, then Sherry's Adonis was done in purple and pink size 20 DMC Cebelia. The frog from Tatting Treats 2 was tatted in size 20 Omega thread. For the tatting charms exchange Aillen did 3 motifs from Patty Duff's Mini Tats. The first 2 minitats were done in 80 DMC thread with 15/0beads and the green one was done in 80 Anchor thread.
Joy would love to be tatting, but falling off the back of a motorcycle has her sidelined for a while.
TattingChic tatted "Star in Clovers" by Jon Yusoff in red and blue for Independence Day.