Monday, February 16, 2009

Snowflakes and Dragons

It has been a while since I have done an update, so please bear with me.

Laura Rose has tatted two more of Jon's Quantiesque Snowflake, again done in white size 20 crochet thread and a gold metallic thread. I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing this snowflake.

Krystle tatted a square motif from a vintage tatting book. Whatever the pattern is called, it is still very pretty.

Vinnie has posted a bunch of pictures of her WIPs. I think many of us are guilty of starting new projects before the current ones are finished. Vinnie also posted a link to a heart pattern of her's.

Bev posted a picture of a WIP from one of Karey Solomon's books. This is a multipurpose motif that alternates Forget-me-nots and block tatting. Very pretty. I can't wait to see the motif when it is done.


Ellen posted a picture of some of her recent shuttle purchases as well as a picture of two Microdragons from Anne Bruvold. This is another pattern on my to do list. I love the colours Ellen used, especially the bottom ones.

Eva has tatted Jon's Quantiesque Snowflake again, this time in a variegated yellow. Lovely.

Joy posted a picture of a tatted rosary that she recently completed. The pattern is called "Jeanne's Rosary" from Georgia Seitz's book Tatting Online. Joy used Olympus size 40 thread (which is really a size 20 thread) to tat the rosary. Very nice Joy.

Sherry is back from her holidays and has posted a picture of some tatted motifs made by her great granny. It's always nice to see the tatted items made by our relatives, especially if they are no longer with us.

No comments: