2. The blogs are ALL checked whenever there is an update using the links list in the sidebar on the right, there is no need to advise me that you have added new content. If your new items haven't shown up, it's because I haven't had time to do an update yet.
3. I can't keep track of how many motifs each person does. You may post articles of tatting that you don't plan on including in your 25, or you may post a pair of earrings and count each earring as a separate motif. I don't read minds, so it's up to each participant to tell me when they have reached their goal of 25.
4. From past experience I know the challenge is addictive. If you finish and plan on doing it again let me know so that I continue to check your blog on a regular basis. Also let me know if once was enough so that I can move your blog to the list of past participants.
5. Whenever you get a chance don't just view the pictures here, take the time to click on the links to people's blogs and read all about what they are doing, instead of just getting the snippets of it here. People like it when you take the time to visit their blog and comment on their work. A lot of the fun of the challenge is that we get to know each other and encourage one another to try new things.
6. Tatting 25 motifs in a year typically means tatting 2 motifs per month. Tatters who do not post any tatting content for 5 or 6 months will be removed from the list of participants.
Mistene has rounds 6 & 7 of Renulek's Spring 2016 Doily done. She's been having fun with this one.
Jane likes the shape of motif 26, where once again, the second round changes the basic circle shape. Motif 27 is made in five separate steps, so it's a bit fiddly, but she likes the resulting oval shape. When motif 28 didn't lie flat at her first attempt, she thought it was because she'd made the picots in the centre part too long, so she did it again with shorter picots, but that didn't fix it. Thanks to input from others, the next attempt with fewer stitches, is laying flat.
Sharon is working on Renulek's 2016 Spring Doily Tat along and Round 7 is now complete.
Diane did work on her Concentric Rectangles doily and it looks like it'll be finished soon. She chose these colours for the Concentric Rectangles doily with her Mom in mind as her Mom loves red, and these colours seemed perfect for her. The newest Spinning Wheel glass mat from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior is in luscious hand-dyed thread from her friend Marilee Rockley, called Lilac Sea. For May she tatted 4 Spinning Wheel Glass Mats and a Concentric Rectangles doily. The glass mat in Lilac Sea has a few more rows done. A little more done and maybe it will be finished soon. Here it is finished in Lilac Sea HDT. Size 20 Raspberry Ripple with Real Vanilla HDT by Tatskool, is the colour she's chosen for the next Spinning Wheel.
Eliz finished Renulek's Spring Doily 2014 in size 20 Ecru DMC Cecelia for a finished size of approximately 21 inches. She has made a little progress on round 4 of the Concentric Rectangles doily, but the corners seem to be giving her trouble these days. She has pulled out this hanky edging she started in 2011 for her next WIP to finish. Instead of her hanky she's been working on Ikuta layered picots. Row 7 of Renulek's tat-along doily is now complete all in green. She cut out the beads on this super size Spinning Wheel failure and passed it on to be admired and played with by the aspiring mini tatter.
Fox acquired a new shuttle to replace one of those that disappeared in New York. This tatted bookmark is one of the treasures Fox received from Ninetta.
Lilas shows an earring design that she has done many different ways. She looks at front side/back side tatting versus the method Jan Stawasz uses.
Marie shows another cross pattern from Lene Bjorn that she has memorized; Heidi, which is all rings. Another favourite pattern by Lene is Maria.
Muskaan needed an apron, but who says and apron can't be both functional and beautiful, when adorned with lovely tatting. More play with overlapping picots in Ninetta's butterfly. The Eleventh Day of December Snowflake by Lene Bjorn done in Anchor Mercer size 40 black and Anchor embroidery cotton, 3 strands magenta/plum 069 and variegated 1305.
Sue tatted Yarnplayer's Newcastle Necklace from her book Tatted Jewelry in size 40 HDT Tigereye and size 40 Lizbeth black with tiny black beads,goldish bronzish beads and a beautiful glass heart. Renulek's Spring doily round 9 complete, straight from the shuttles. After several false starts, she understands how to tat Ninetta's layered rings pattern. Size 40 Lizbeth Niagara Falls was used to tat this earring.
Wanda's group is tatting away on their various projects.